Quiz 6: 2nd Sep 2011
1. What was first started by Texas International Airlines in 1979?
Frequent Flyer Program
2. The use of ----- in English dates back to 1777 when English explorer, Captain James Cook, visited Tonga. Describing the cultural practices of the Tongans, he wrote: Describing the cultural practices of the Tongans he wrote: Not one of them would sit down, or eat a bit of anything.... On expressing my surprise at this, they were all _____, as they said; which word has a very comprehensive meaning; but, in general, signifies that a thing is forbidden. What is the missing word?
3. Who at the age of 17, inspired by Frederich Nietzsche’s Thus Spake Zarathurstra published his first book at the age of 17 titled Main aur Woh — a ‘conversation with himself’?
Masaru ibuka, co- founder of Sony
5. If the bust size is 31.5 inches (80 cm), waist 23 inches (60 cm) and hips 34 inches (86 cm), how it is commonly known as?
Vodafone HQ, Newbury, Berkshire, London
7. Which automobile Company’s name is derived from “Ahura – Persian Zorostrian God”