Quiz 3: 30th Aug 2011
1. This building construction was first started as early as 1690. In 1706, the new one storied brick building was built. The present gigantic building covers 2.8 acres of land. It is 235 yards in width. A cluster of thirteen four-storied buildings, the 'Mahakaran' stands on 10 acres of land. Today, at least 6000 employees work here. Which one we are talking about?
Writer’s building, Kolkata
2. She has been admired for her fashion sense and has been placed on numerous "best dressed" lists and was selected by The Daily Telegraph as the "Most Promising Newcomer" in its 2006 list of style winners and losers. She said to be broker up her relationship during a holiday in the Swiss resort of Zermatt . She was named as one of Richard Blackwell’s 's ten "Fabulous Fashion Independents" of 2007.
3. This event is considered as the Largest Outdoor event in Thailand. In 2010 it was conducted in an area of about 350 acres. Name the event?
Thailand Baloon Festival
4. In Arabic this word means “Union”. James Hogan is the CEO. The company lost more than $30m in revenue in April 2010 when a cloud of ash from Iceland’s Eyjafjallajokull volcano forced the cancellation of flights to and from Europe. Name the organisation.
5. In 1937 the company known as "Gesellschaft zur Vorbereitung des Deutschen ------------------ mbH" was formed. During second world war their production was switched to Armaments. Fill in the blanks.
6. What is the result of the following tweet message?
“rendezvous free equity – held by kisan, Shailender & Pushpa Gaikwad, ___________,Puja gulati, Jayant Kotalwar, Vishnu Prasad, Sundip Agarwal”,
Modi Tweeted, Sunanda Pushkar is the missing name. the message eventually costed Shashi Tharoor his job
Deep Water Horizon On 20 April 2010, while drilling at the Macondo Prospect, an explosion on the rig caused by a blowout killed 11 crewmen and ignited a fireball visible from 35 miles (56 km) away. The resulting fire could not be extinguished and, on 22 April 2010, sank, leaving the well gushing at the sea floor and causing the largest offshore oil spill in United States history